|Home||» Products||» Instrument Disinfectants||» Novacide|
Novacide is a 40x concentrated, highly effective aldehyde-free disinfecting and cleaning concentrate.
Novacide is safe and highly suited for flexible endoscopes, dental products, surgical equipments, surface disinfection and fumigation. Novacide is highly effective and suitable for use in Automatic Endoscope Reprocessors and in automated medical and dental machines. Novacide, once diluted to the working strength of 2.5% v/v solution, will remain active for up to 14 days. The concentrated solution is stable till the expiry date mentioned on the container label.
- 3% w/v Poly (hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride (PHMB)
- 10% w/v Didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride
Broad spectrum: Bactericidal, Fungicidal, Virucidal & Sporicidal Mycobactericidal
| || |
- Sporicidal activity in just 30 minutes
- Aldehyde-free - No respiratory/skin/eye irritation
- Bioburden tolerant
- Uses 2 novel molecules: PHMB + DDAC
- Powerful synergistic action
- Tough against biofilms
- Colourless & odourless - suitable for paediatric units, food & drug industry
- Sterilization of endoscopes & surgical instruments
- Surface disinfection
As a surface disinfectant for general purposes
Cold Sterilization of Medical Devices
- Clean the Surgical instruments & Endoscopes with mild detergent solution and rinse with water.
- For Standard Disinfection, immerse the cleaned Surgical instruments & Endoscopes (Wearing Gloves) in 20% v/v solution for 15 mins.
- For Total Sterilization, immerse the cleaned Surgical instruments & Endoscopes (Wearing Gloves) in 20% v/v solution for 5 hours.
Cold Sterilizations of Dental Drills
- Dilute 2.5ml of Novacide with 100ml of potable / DM water.
- Completely immerse the pre - cleaned burrs /drills in the immediately after use. Leave the burrs / drills for 15 mins in the Novacide solution.
- After that, rinse the burrs / drills with sterile water and dry straight away with a disposable / clean sterile towel.
- Hygienically store the disinfected burrs / drills.
Kitchens and Food stuff Area
0.5% v/v - 1% solution of Novacide in water.
Medical Spheres and Hi-Sterile Areas
1% v/v - 1.5% solution of Novacide in water. Mop or liberally spray allowing a contact time of 30 mins.
Make a 2.5% solution of Novacide by diluting 1:40 using a ULV fogger, the area to be disinfected should be fogged using standard protocol. Allow one hour contact time and then mop dry.